Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Recycled spooky bottles for halloween

Take your used glass bottles and tins and turn them into a HALLOWEEN spookiness 

COLLECTION OF BOTTLES  and tins that I have recycled into spooky Gothic HALLOWEEN props , great for filling with candy corn or dried herbs


All of them were designed to go together and be stacked



This is made from a tin that is used for stone ground oats made in Ireland. It is quality tin that snaps air tight . I made 2 tins to match and they stack nicely on top o f one another

For the most part I made sure that all the bottles had a skull and cross bones for the universal language of POISON  this also gave the collection a unifying element  

Here are 4 jars in front of my fan drying...they have just a finishing touch of glitter applied to them.



One of my work tables, always a mess I must confess, I work in a frenzy, pulling things, trying it out, then moving on to another project. I made all these bottles in two days simultaneously. While one is drying I would start another .
 ~EYE OF NEWT JAR~

This is one of my favorite bottles I love the glitter eye ball! I had to go to quite a few stores to get all the pieces I needed to pull off the look I wanted


Here are 4 jars in front of my fan drying...they have just a finishing touch of glitter applied to them.

WHERE DID THE EXPRESSION  eye of Newt come from ? 

This is the well-known incantation of the Three Witches in Shakespeare's Macbeth, 1605:
All:
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Second Witch:
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting,
Lizard’s leg, and howlet’s wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.


http://sp.life123.com/bm.pix/newt1.s600x600.jpg
This is Newt! bright orange , ideal  for a witches potion , but remember only the EYE !





I had recently gone shopping at TJ MAXx and found two amber bottles with stickers on them, one wtich hazel the other Clairvoyance oil , I love them, I wanted more. I could not really find any that were more than just a lable, plenty of labels for sale on line. I went to my local Michael s , hauled out the wallet, I have sold allot of art this week, but that is another post all together, and spent around $200 plus on supplies. Much from Martha Stewart collection. They are very much fun to make, a bit tedious to get them just right and highly additive , in fact my plans for today are to make a dozen bottles that will fit into a suitcase , somewhat of a traveling witches case of potions and poisons.

OOak Halloween KITSCH bottle VENOM and Sweet Treats
zoom
OOak Halloween KITSCH bottle VENOM and Sweet Treats OOak Halloween KITSCH bottle VENOM and Sweet Treats OOak Halloween KITSCH bottle VENOM and Sweet Treats OOak Halloween KITSCH bottle VENOM and Sweet Treats OOak Halloween KITSCH bottle VENOM and Sweet Treats
Original design for dressing up your fireplace mantle or kitchen table this glass bottle is dressed up from head to toe! Cute little graphite glitter rats line the base informing you that inside is a sweet, yet venomous treat. Fill with candy corn this is a great gift ! I created a pair for it as seen in the last picture which you can find for sale here.

Entire project is made from quality papers, no digital images used and this design is OOAK , I do not recreate them. Quality contemporary glass jar recycled from my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment